11.11.2011

Wrapture Gems Jewelry

From the Artist:  "I have always loved jewelry and have had a fascination for precious and semi-precious gemstones since I was child. I remember collecting rocks and waiting for them to reveal their hidden beauty as they came out of the lapidary tumbler in my Dads workshop."
"Opal is a particular passion of mine and I cut my own freeform solid opals for use in my jewelry designs. I am loathe to grind away any of the beautiful fire so I leave most of my opal pieces in free-form shape. This lends itself to simple designs or to more intricate wire-woven techniques and metal smithing. I only use precious metals, in the form of high quality sterling silver wire & 14kt gold-filled wire from a reputable supplier to the jewellery trade - for wire-weaving & sterling silver & solid karat gold for metal work & bails, caps, rings & earring fittings."
"Although I often design ahead with wire-work; the stones seem to influence what I create for them & the design can evolve during the process. I incorporate precious and semi-precious gems into my work as accent stones. As well as opal I work with Canadian Ammolite, Tahitian pearls & New Zealands own breath-taking “Paua pearls.”   I am constantly on the look-out for new & exciting gemstones to work with. My aim always, is to create unique & beautiful art to wear & to treasure for years to come."
You can visit this artists shop by clicking on the post title above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Supportive or constructive comments encouraged, others may be filtered.

For Your Information...

Photos, artwork, content, projects and/or materials featured in the Spotlight section belong to each individual artist or designer as presented. If you would like to request permission for content or photo use of an artist or designer, please contact them directly. The DesignMakers does not act as agency or representative for individual artists or designers.



  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP