11.15.2011

Dreamy Me is Me

From the Artist:  "My name is Elena. I'm a Spanish artist, writer and illustrator living in London. I love drawing and writing and combining both in my books. I studied architecture in Barcelona and I have been very inspired by great Catalan artists such as architect Antoni Gaudi and designer Javier Mariscal. 19th-century Japanese prints have been a great source of inspiration too.  My Bristish illustrator heros are Quentin Blake, Tony Ross and Helen Oxenbury. My favourite subjects are adventures, travels, discoveries, power of imagination, parallel worlds, loss and absence, cycle of seasons, pass of time,.. search of identity and revolution.
All the articles I sell at Dreamymeisme are manufactured with lots of care and thought in my home studio in Herne Hill (London UK) Prints, calendars, diaries, cards, sketchbooks and notebooks are made of beautiful selected card and paper and designed around my illustrations. Through them you will get to know my characters and their stories.  Dreamymeisme is about the different, unique, small scale, thoughtful, delicate, ethically produced, affordable, stylish, mindful, classy, locally resourced and above all creative.  Deamymeisme stands up against mass production, unethical enterprising, cheap, unnecessarily expensive and carelessness."
To see more from this artist, click on the post title above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Supportive or constructive comments encouraged, others may be filtered.

For Your Information...

Photos, artwork, content, projects and/or materials featured in the Spotlight section belong to each individual artist or designer as presented. If you would like to request permission for content or photo use of an artist or designer, please contact them directly. The DesignMakers does not act as agency or representative for individual artists or designers.



  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP